Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Family Camping

It's almost that time of the year again -- time for our big annual family camping event. It will take place at Moran State Park, Orcas Island, WA. I will not be able to make it this year. I am a bit farther out location-wise, and it's too close from my last visit in Seattle which was a little more than a month ago. I am sure that it will be fun as ever for everyone, as all of our yearly events have been.

Moran State Park is where my middle school held their spring break camping. So I went camping there when I was in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. It is also where I was a camp counselor during my high school years. Moran State Park was a nice place to camp. Spring of 1982 was the last time I was there. The campground has several lakes nearby. There are a lot of trails in the forested area. A hike up Mt. Constitution affords a panoramic view of the other San Juan Islands, Cascades Mountains, and neighboring Canadian cities and towns.

Don't forget to share your camp pictures with me.

The following are photos from last year's event at 25 Mile Creek State Park.

Group photo - we had over 110 participants and a handful of furry creatures.



Water activities.






Eating popsicles.




The kids.











King Cross Fit in the morning.






The beautiful scenery.




No comments:

Post a Comment