Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Abu Dhabi Sights

I stayed in Abu Dhabi this past Friday's day off. I thought I would rest for a bit. But it wasn't to be. I woke up early. I stopped by my usual haunt of Khalidiya Mall for a morning coffee and croissant. After a short stop at the grocery store, I did not feel like going back to my place. Among the several places that I stopped by to look around was the port area. I had been there several times before. The port area has a great view of the cityscape.

A dhow, traditional Arab sailing vessel, graveyard at the port area.





Other photos around the port:






Near the port, just across the Corniche, Abu Dhabi's seaside promenade, are the following sights:




Later in the afternoon, I parked my car near the Marina Mall and walked along the Corniche as well as the other side of the beach walk on the Emirates Palace Hotel side.




The Emirates Palace is a grand hotel and the most expensive hotel ever built.





Along the Corniche:




No comments:

Post a Comment