Monday, May 31, 2010

Back in the Desert


I arrived early Monday evening in Abu Dhabi from my 10 day Seattle visit. As always, I was not able to accomplish a few things that I wanted to do. But I got a lot done. I attended my nephew Edward & Maria's wedding, had my household goods from Germany delivered to my Seattle home, and hosted a sister's birthday party. In between, I was able to put most of the household goods in place in the house, gave away a few things that I really did not need, cleaned and organized my small library room and bedroom. The aforementioned tasks kept me busy for most of my time there, but I accomplished these tasks in a leisurely pace.

The temperature in Abu Dhabi when I arrived 7pm was 93 degrees F. It was whole lot different than the cool, wet weather during my Seattle visit. I actually welcome being back in Abu Dhabi and look forward to going back to work. My comfort level being here must be improving. My arrival in Abu Dhabi this time was a big change from my initial arrival to the city. No hassle at the customs desk. I walked right out the baggage claim area to a taxi for a $10 ride to my apartment. After I unpacked and took a quick shower, I immediately went to the coffee shop in the lobby and ordered a pita sandwich and coffee. That is where I am right now uploading photos to my storage drive and updating my blog. It is nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment