Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Waiting Around

I am at the Abu Dhabi International Airport waiting for my flight to Amsterdam. It is 11PM local time. My flight departs at 12:25AM. It should be arriving in Amsterdam about 5:45AM local time. Then I will have about 5 more hours of waiting around the airport before my connecting flight to Seattle. Instead of waiting at the airport, I may risk it and take the quick train to downtown Amsterdam, walk around a bit, have a quick bite, and head back to the airport. If I remember correctly, the train takes about half hour from Schipol Airport to downtown.

I arrive in Seattle about noon on Thursday. I will be in Seattle for about 10 days. I have been in Abu Dhabi for just over two months and I am already craving the mild weather. I have a good excuse to visit -- attend my nephew Edward and Maria wedding, as well as schedule delivery of my household goods from Germany to my house. That is my excuse anyway. It is not that I am homesick. Really, I am not. My work colleagues are giving me a hard time because I am going home so quick. One of my colleague who just got back from vacation stayed here 5 years before he went back to the US. That would be tough for me to do.

Anyway, I am looking forward to see everyone in Seattle. I am looking forward to driving my MiniCoop again. Time to go; my computer is about to run out of battery power.

No comments:

Post a Comment