Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Intense Urge to Scratch

...my lower arms, mind you. Because of my stubbornness to not wear long sleeve shirts or to apply any sunscreen on them, my lower arms have developed heat rash. My arms, only on the sides that are usually exposed to the sun, are now beet red -- even worse than the picture shown below. Superficial blisters and red prickly lumps fill one side of each of my lower arm. I have been applying ointment and lotion, but it does not relieve the itchiness. I have been able to avoid scratching, except at night when I am asleep.

Anyway, I started wearing long sleeve shirts. Actually, wearing them is not as bad as I thought it would be. I was afraid that I would get too hot, especially since I wear a white T-shirt underneath. I am sure wearing long sleeve shirts will get uncomfortable as the temperature and the humidity intensify, as summer approaches. Wearing a head cover is a must. I used to wear baseball caps regularly. Here in the UAE, I am back to wearing them again.

Another consequence of wearing short sleeve shirts: a farmer's tan. Tan lines from my watch and on my upper arms are now quite obvious. The only time I remove my watch is when I take a shower in the morning. I will have to remember to take my watch off during daytime so that I can get rid of the disparity.

1 comment:

  1. Try Neosporin ointment bro. Very effective medication for skin maladies I contract everytime I visit the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete