Monday, July 11, 2011

Early Evening Walk Along Poulsbo's Liberty Bay Harbor with Jessica, Ina, and Claire

On Friday, leading to the long Fourth of July holiday weekend, a few of my siblings and I stayed over in Poulsbo at my brother's place.  The big annual Rotary Auction was to take place in Bainbridge Island the following day.  Bainbridge Island is a short drive across the bridge from Poulsbo. We were all going to join the throng of bargain seekers.

After Friday dinner at my bother's house, I invited my two nieces, Jessica and Ina, and their cousin, Claire, to walk with me around downtown Poulsbo and the nearby Liberty Bay harbor.  I bribed them with bakery treats and hot cocoa afterwards.  They did not hesitate to join me.

Poulsbo is a small town across the Puget Sound from Seattle.  Its early settlers were Scandinavian immigrants.  It has a small, pedestrian friendly downtown area with a lot of shops, bakeries, cafes, and restaurants.  Downtown Poulsbo maintains a Scandinavian theme in its shops and restaurants.  Nearby is a marina and waterfront promenade along Liberty Bay harbor.

The following are photos during our walk during the early evening of Friday, 1 July:


























1 comment:

  1. hello. A blogwalker here. Thought of leaving a comment to imply my compliments :)

    ReplyDelete