Monday, February 14, 2011

Yas Hotel and F1 Marina Circuit at Night

I had been to Yas Hotel area before:  Once during a hot, humid summer day, and the other time, at night when I got lost around Yas Island looking for the hotel to check out the fuss about its light display.  A couple of Saturdays ago, I was able to stop there in the evening on the way back to Abu Dhabi from a daylong adventure in Dubai.

Yas Island is just outside Abu Dhabi and can be accessed from a few locations.  The most common way is from the Abu Dhabi - Dubai highway.  The island has several ongoing constructions.  A few have been completed -- several top notch hotels, a concert venue, a golf course, a marina, Ferrari World theme park, and Yas Marina circuit, a Formula 1 car race track.  The circuit goes around Yas Hotel and the marina on one section of the race course.  The F1 circuit hosts an official F1 race at the end of the season.  Several concerts are scheduled each year by big names from the music industry.  So the location is building up to be a prime spot to visit for locals and tourists alike.

I have seen the the light display of the hotel from afar, from the highway.  The light turns from blue to red, including the many hues in between.  The sight is more distinct when lit up in blue.  I have always noticed the building with the blue lights.  I did not know that it gradually changes from blue to red and vice versa, until I saw it that particular evening.

The following pictures are of the hotel and the F1 race track from this visit.  I have since learned that there are a few areas where photography of the race track is prohibited -- from which areas, I don't know.
















No comments:

Post a Comment