Sunday, February 6, 2011

Return to Seattle

"...the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -- T S Eliot.

I have about four weeks until I go back to Seattle (for good, for now) from Abu Dhabi.  It is not the end of my journey.  But it has been more than six years since I departed Seattle to work overseas.  I have lived in Iraq, Bosnia, Germany, and United Arab Emirates.  During this time, I have had the opportunity to visit many other places.  After six years, it is time to get reacquainted again with the United States, Seattle, my friends, and my family.  It is time to go back home.

I am excited and look forward to my return home.  The move back to Seattle will give me the opportunity to explore places I have not visited before in the Pacific Northwest and the US.  I will continue to see places outside the US for personal travel.  I have not closed the possibility of going back to work and live overseas. 

During my visits to Seattle, while living overseas, I was fascinated by the changes that Seattle has been undergoing.  At the same time, I have come to appreciate many things that have always been there but did not pay attention to when I was living in Seattle.  Living overseas has allowed me to experience many places, people, and cultures around the world.  It has also allowed me to experience Seattle, as I can now truly appreciate its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment